Sunday, November 29, 2009

Do I need to start dating again?

I dated a man for over a year. We got pregnant but we split when I was 4 months along. I left him.....long story. Anyway, it was not a good split and I got hurt. My baby boy will be 9 weeks old tomorrow. My friends tell me I need to start dating again. But, I still harbor alot of resentment and bitterness from my past relationship and am actually a little afraid that I will carry that into my next relationship. I dont have a very good opinion of men right now, and I know there are good ones out there....but my run of luck the past 5 years has been terrible.



I am lonely at times, but my baby boy consumes alot of my time. I have thrown myself into raising and providing for him and have let my needs go....which I feel is a good thing. He is priority...period.



I know I dont want to be alone forever. I miss companionship but am still bitter.



Would dating help me? Or would I ruin a possibly good thing by going too soon?



Any suggestions on how to get rid of these feelings?



Do I need to start dating again?maps myspace.com





First of all YOU feel what you feel %26amp; it seems you know the right from wrong but remember it is okay to be alone for all the RIGHT reasons than to be with somebody for all the WRONG reasons. You'll just know when you are ready; don't be a hermit either; put yourself "out there" a wee bit at a time. If you can't get by day to day then try an hour, minute, second at a time; whatever it takes. I'm getting divorced from a VERY abusive person after 17 yrs of always taking him back %26amp; 20 years of being w/him. At 44 that is almost 1/2 my life with somebody %26amp; I feel like I'm broken if I can't cry %26amp; mourn my marriage. Honey you ARE worth it to love and trust but most importantly you ARE worthy TO BE LOVED UNCONDITIONALLY ! The anger is a byproduct of your past relationship but don't base any future relationships with those byproducts influencing it. You said it yourself that you know there are good ones out there and good things do come to good ppl. Don't let your past influence the future; there is no reverse only forward.



I send you all the love %26amp; support you deserve!! XOXO



Do I need to start dating again?myspace graphics myspace.com



I wouldn't think you would even have time to date with a 9 week old. The absolute worst thing you can do is start dating before you're over your previous relationship. Way too much baggage to inflict on the other person. And dating will absolutely not help because the baggage is guaranteed to destroy your next relationship if you don't drop it first.



The thing that stands out is that you say your 'run of luck has been bad'. That isn't luck that's you choosing the wrong people. We almost always get exactly what we search for. The problem is that people lie to themselves about what they're looking for then complain that they're not finding it.



I think it would be a disaster to date until you're over all of the past problems. And when you are ready figure out what you truly want in a person and ignore all else that might blind you to that.
Nope. Focus all your love and attention on your baby. How can you be lonely with a tiny piece of sunshine? Date when YOU feel ready. Get a good vibrator... they don't talk back.
Sounds like you need some time with your baby boy instead of jumping into a relationship again. Stay single for a while and soon, you might realize that you shouldn't have bad feelings towards men.
I personally think u should start dating but this time take it slower :] hope i helped o and after about 5 dates let him play wit ur booy so ur boy thinks hes nice %26amp;%26amp; stuf %26amp;%26amp; likes him :]
I would give yourself some time before you get back in the dating scene. With the resentment you feel towards you would probably ruin it. I would just start think about positive things any man has done for you anfd I think that will help with your feelings of resentment. Give yourself a little more time. When your ready you will know ok.
i think u should only date when u think u are ready. and i was burned like u. so just go out to have fun. no attachments for a year. just play the field and have fun being flirty. then when u feel better about trusting a guy again, then start dating seriously.
I think you should wait a little longer. When YOU feel ready to date again go for it. It seems your friends want you to date more then you do. Also with your baby, you wont have all the time you want to work on the relationship. To get rid of those feelings, all i can say is to be patient, and relax. Good things will come soon.
I'd say to go ahead and date, because not ALL men will hurt u!! My older sister has been dating the same guy for a year now!! So i would start dating again, but hang out wiht some GIRLFRIENDS as well!!
just worry about the baby he is only 9 weeks old i mean do you even have time to date anyway i know i don't have time to date and my baby is 8 months old now
focus on your baby. wait until you are ready and don't feel that you are so stuck %26amp; bitter about your old relationship. then maybe try online dating. put up your profile and shop around. and ONLY go for the ppl that you think are interesting. no compromissing. if you know what you are looking for you will find it. but do this once you are ready! think about your baby first.
You should go out if you have the chance and a good babysitter.But i suggest waiting a while then YES definately you should start going out!
I believe you will know when your ready to get back in the dating scene. If you start dating now you most likely will feel that every guy is the same as the father of your child. You still need some healing time. However, you can start by a Little light flirting to have fun. Don't allow your so called friends to peer pressure you in dating. Once you meet that guy of your dreams you will give him a chance. The best relationships are grown with time.



Hope this helps!
Well for one your right there are some good men like me out there and women always look past them because we look just aveage. But you should do what your heart wants and don't listen to loose lips about dating, it's always up to you when your ready go for it but go slow and your resentment will soon pass. So want a friend to chat with just IM me anytime
Find someone that is willing to go out and have fun! You need someone to talk to who can actually talk back at some point :) Maintain keeping the child the priority - but find someone that is willing to go out once maybe twice a week - or stop by for a movie after the lil one is down. It sounds like you got everything figured out, but definately understand your situation completely. Got to have a lil bit of fun still :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hijack this