Sunday, November 29, 2009

When does "dating" turn into something "exclusive" and how do you know?

I am 25 and in the middle of last year got out of a 7 1/2 year relationship. I am now single again and this whole dating thing is boggling my mind because I haven't done it since high school. I don't understand at what point I am supposed to consider myself "exclusive" to someone else. None of the guys I've gone out with have come out and said "OK, I only want to date you" but then again they act like they are my bf in every other way. Do I just come out and ask them or what do I need to do? This has happened twice since I became single and I am confused.



When does "dating" turn into something "exclusive" and how do you know?coolest myspace





Unless you have an "exclusive" talk, the default is that you ARE NOT exclusive. All bets are off. Don't assume anything. Even if the guy acts like a boyfriend around you when you are together, that DOES NOT mean he is your boyfriend when are are not together. I think the best course of action is to not mention other guys you are dating in his presence. Let him think he is the only one. Now, if you do want to be exclusive, you HAVE TO HAVE THE TALK. Tell him you are not dating anyone else, you have been exclusive with him, and ask if he is the same.



When does "dating" turn into something "exclusive" and how do you know?myspace comments myspace.com



communication

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hijack this