Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Dating the Brother... what do I wear to the wedding.?

I have been dating the brother for a 1.5 years by the wedding. I know the color of the bridesmaids dresses black with red ribbon. Is is wrong for me to wear a red Tlenght dress? In addition to this am i going to the reshearal dinner? I am very lost. This wedding is in the Fall. Please Help!



Dating the Brother... what do I wear to the wedding.?new myspace





Wear something "dressy" but don't try to match the bridesmaids. People laughed, but when I got married a lot of my family wore colors that went with my wedding colors. It was funny at the time, but all my pictures are beautiful because all the colors went together so well. Something that would coordinate in case you're in any pictures wouldn't be terrible.



Don't wear all black. Don't wear white. Don't wear anything tight or low cut -- anything that will take any attention away from the bride.



Dating the Brother... what do I wear to the wedding.?myspace layouts myspace.com



You can wear, yes. Or you can wear what the brother wants you to. Yes, there is always a rehearsal dinner.
Wear something both your boyfirend and your grandmother would be proud of you in...go classy and never stylish or tacky...you are likely going to be in some of the photos and you don't want to be the big laugh of the future, especially if you end up with your boyfriend. Go red, find, but halter or tube top??? HELL NO! I'd throw you out of my wedding if I were the bride! Think of how the bride would feel as well..and call her and ask her if you are concerned.
Wear a different shade of red. Fall colors are beautiful and can be browns, reds, oranges, and golds. Go with red and gold. Myabe you can find a nice gold knee length skirt and a strapless red top and cute pair of heels. The colors would look great together and not match the bridesmaids at all. Black is overdone. If your boyfriend is in the wedding party you should be invited as a guest but that does not mean you will be. My husband's family screwed that all up before we were married when his sister got married this past spring. He and I had been together for a year and half and his sister and her fiance were only together 7 months before they were married and I wasnt even invited to the wedding. Its been resolved since but at the time I WAS PISSED. I would say yes you are going to the rehearsal dinner but to make sure ask your BF to ask his sister if you are included. So go ahead and plan on being there. To that you can wear something a little more casual. Nice black pants and a coordinating top with sensible heels should do. You should never go to a rehearsal more dressed up that you are for the wedding.
hi, the red dress sounds wonderful. As long as it isnt prettier than the bride..



for the rehersal dinner wear a skirt.......something that can be casual or dressy. The rehersal you might want to go a bit conservative/ But then you know the family.



Ask around to see who is wearing what
Wear the red dress! Most of the time, the groomsmen have the opportunity to bring a date. My husband's brother brought his girlfriend to our rehearsal dinner. I'm sure they will let you know soon.
I had a similar situation when my Husband stood up in his brothers wedding. Since it was a wedding of his close family member I knew that we was going to be in a lot of pictures. I wanted to look good standing next to my Husband in a tuxedo. I even got my hair done to feel special and pretty for the day too.



So it's almost like you do want to match somewhat but you don't want to be confused with a bridesmaid at all.
You are the girlfriend/guest of the brother, nothing more, Don't try to match the wedding, don't wear a tube top thing, don't try to put more importance on yourself.Dress as you would if you were going to a wedding of one of your father's business associates. Make your boyfriend and your father proud.PS. don't assume you'll be invited to everything. That's up to the bride on groom.
Don't wear red. The bride is the one who is suppose to be noticed, not the gal wearing red. Dress conservatively, don't piss off the bride. Especially if you want to become part of that family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hijack this