Sunday, December 6, 2009

Dating a survivor of child abuse?

A guy I just started recently dating was physically abused until he was about 18, he's 28 now. Are there any certain types of behavior he will have because of this? Is there anything I can do to help him understand my intentions are clear and I don't want to hurt him?



Dating a survivor of child abuse?funny myspace





He is more likely to be abusive himself, so watch out for that.



Dating a survivor of child abuse?icons for myspace myspace.com



Ive only had one bf who went through this. He was pretty much a jerk who was abusive. The worst part is that he didn't seem to realize it was wrong. I'm sure it was because his mom would hit him one minute and hug him the next. He has no boundaries. I'm not saying all child abuse victims will be like this but usually they dont trust anyone will love them enough so they lash out every chance they get. He was also extremely controlling. If you see any of these signs, run.
I was abused as a child..therapy is HIGHLY suggested.



I have / had severe abandonment %26amp; trust issues. Sex to me was twisted. It had a purpose vs an emotional experience.



It made it impossible for me to not only "make love" vs. "f**king"



I couldn't / wouln't let myself get close to anyone, kept all my feelings inside for fear they would be used to hurt me by others.



Also, because of my "issues", I had a horrible time staying faithful to one person at a time...usually dating 2-5 women at a time...



..not always using protection in hopes that I contracted AIDS so I could die..aka, very SELF destructive behaviors...including other suicidal thoughts.



You can ask anyone who knows me and they would never guess it..I keep it all in my head and pretend everything is "fine" ..."normal"...



Counselling and self soul searching is the result that is helping me change.



I am 28 as well and was physically / sexually abused from ages 12-16.



To this day I have bad dreams and paranoid fears..just not as extreme as they once were.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hijack this