Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Which online dating service should I try?

I'm nervous about trying one because I've heard so many horror stories. I'm 30, female, and very well educated (working on a Ph.D.) I'm interested in dating men my age who are also well-educated. And that's about my only requirement. But when I look online, the men seem really creepy and only want hook-ups or teeny Asian women (what's up with the white guys requesting Asian women?!) I don't want to waste my time on sites that are just full of creeps. I also don't want to pay huge amounts to use the site. Has anyone out there had luck with online dating?



Which online dating service should I try?myspace graphics





stay away from them, they are nothing but bad news.there are way to many horror stories, don.t worry the right man will come along be patient , you are only 30



Which online dating service should I try?real world myspace myspace.com



www.nexopia.com



its kinda a web page maker but it has inbetween the lines dating
instead of going online why not just go out to meet someone. that way you dont have to worry about them lying about their looks and if youre both at the same place, you already have something in common
none
It's the same on my end. All women seemingly want the hunkiest guy they can get who is 6'1 225 lbs and nothing but muscles.



The only luck I had was on True.com. I was messaged my first day on there by my future GF (we dated a year before she left me for her best friend)



Yahoo Personals, I made alot of friends on, but no relationships.



Eharmony is overpriced.



I gave up on online dating sites though... I still check them, but I don't actively search/pay for the service.
I get the same vibe when I look at online profiles of women on Yahoo personals etc. I get the impression many participants in the free services are simple sporting with it. On the successful side, I've heard from several sources that E Harmony weeds out the real weirdos as you have to complete a psychological eval of sorts. My sister has a friend who hooked up thru it and has been encouraging me to try it. Good luck....I'm probably a little old for you (45) :) but do have my Bachelors....so I can carry on a pretty good conversation......
Dr. Phil recommends Match.com. I think he is affiliated with it. I also heard that e- Harmony.com is good. I think that's the name of it.



Be very careful using any of the on line dating services though. There are a lot of weirdos out there. If you do find someone interesting, talk on lin for a while and get to know him. When you feel ready to meet him, always go to a public place (diner, pizza,etc.)



NEVER go to his house or yours. Bring a friend on the first meeting. If all goes well, get together with friends for the second meeting. Go slow and use wisdom. Be Careful.



God Bless You!
You won't find what your looking for on-line. Not b/c the guys on the dating sites are idiots, but b/c if a smart man is on-line he's probably the guy who CREATED the web site! Ha Ha. If your looking for intelligent, think to yourself: "where would I go." Your an intelligent woman (Soon to be Doctor woman) are you going to be spending hours on-line, or hours at a play, seminar, or even graduate school? Take a look at some "Doctor men" in your class. I guarantee you, intelligent people usually affiliate with intelligent people, because the places they go to need to stimulate their brilliant minds. Smart men are also business men, so take a gander at the guys at your bank. Smart people have smart, demanding jobs.
Here is a place that reviews several dating websites. Many of the online dating services listed have consumer reviews, so you can read what others think of it. Pretty cool site.



http://www.reviewplace.com/cat-16-Online...



Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hijack this