Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Dating & PCOS?

Help! I have PCOS and am on Metformin. I can't take bcp becasue of my family medical history %26amp; I have had a heart attack. When do I have the sex talk wth the man? I am not dating anyone right now %26amp; haven't since my husband's death. But this could potnentially be a deal breaker for some men %26amp; I am not sure what to say or when the subject should be broached. Help!



Dating %26amp; PCOS?www myspaces





When you finally are in a relationship where you think you'll want to be intimate with a guy, you'll know when the time is right to discuss these things. There are plenty of other methods of birth control without having to use hormonally-based ones. Barrier methods, combined with fertility awareness (hoping your cycles are at least somewhat regular now with Metformin), can go a long way in preventing pregnancy.



Talk to your gynecologist about a newer barrier method called Lea's Shield. In clinical studies, when combined with spermicides, it was found to be 93% effective (versus the diaphragm at only 85%).



Fertility issues should not be a problem for a guy who's older and mature (since you're a widow, you're not too, too young). Just be honest and upfront. Some guys don't want to have kids...my husband didn't and it was just as well...I can't carry babies to term any longer.



Dating %26amp; PCOS?myspace pictures myspace.com



I will assume you are not a blushing young maiden and possibly not interested in starting a family - this will probably be evident to any interested males. The PCOS just give you a strength edge that a guy may find appealing when he needs help lifting. The heart attack - when do you think the man should mention it if he had a heat attack? None of this seems like a deal breaker to me. Lots of kids all needing financial support - bipolar disorder - now those can be deal breakers

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hijack this