Sunday, December 6, 2009

Question RE: Dating?

All I ever hear is... don't look to hard, when your not trying/looking is when you'll meet him, etc. I have taken the "back seat" in this department and didn't "try" for years. I am not sure that this is the path for me. I am 23 years old and I have never had a serious boyfriend. I feel I have a lot to offer. I have a great group of friends that I just started going out salsa dancing and I feel that is a start to getting to meet new guys. I tend to draw in an older guy though at these places ;) Not sure why. I am very mature for my age, I have owned my own business since age 18 and that certainly is 'my baby' and takes up a lot of my time. BUT.. I am ready to settle down and take the time. I have tried online dating, and have gone on a couple dates. But friends, family and myself included are very surprised about how long I have been single. I just wonder if I am taking enough opportunities to meet people. Any suggestions on where to meet people?



Question RE: Dating?celebrity myspace





When they say don't try so hard, they don't mean don't try. What they mean is form friendships, that may develop into romances. They are telling you not to force your hand and jump straight into a date.



If you approach someone you find attractive and begin to communicate with them, you'll get to know them. You can build mutual trust and respect through open and honest communication. Once you have established a comfort level with one another, you can pursue a mature relationship with them.



What people don't want you doing is saying I'm going to go out determined to bring someone home. They don't want you getting all dressed-up and using opening lines to draw a stranger in. Those encounters rarely develop into a relationship. Not a lasting one anyway. It's possible, but not probable.



The core of any strong, healthy romantic relationship, is a solid friendship. That's all they really mean by when you're not looking.



Careers, and your own businesses can and probably will occupy a considerable ammount of your time. If you want a relationship, you will need to budget your time, to include them in your life and be part of theirs. This may not be easy.



For now, focus on building confidence. Confidence is knowing who you are and what you want. It's how you developed your business relationships, and it's how you'll develop your social and romantic ones as well. It's the only true key to success, besides commitment and persistance.



Best of luck in life and love. :-)



Question RE: Dating?myspace quizzes myspace.com



grocery store
same here.........only that I am a guy !!!!!
guys are extremely intimidated by woman that are independent and look you already have your own business how much more independent can you get... theres no "right" place to meet someone sorry to say it again but everything has a time and when that time comes everything will fall into place.. and you really will meet someone when you less expect it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hijack this