Sunday, December 6, 2009

Should I Get a Dating Coach For My Son?

My late teen son is horrible with girls. On the holidays, when everyone is out, he stays at home all day and reads. He has never dated. I think he has some sort of social phobia and hates to be around large groups of strangers.



I had a frank talk with him and he told me that he would like to be in a relationship with a nice girl but said that he was just too scared and shy, and that most girls he meet are not nice. He never approaches girls because he's too scared, saying he prefers it if they approach him, and they never do.



In the news today I have read about dating coaches, which cost about $3000 per session. Do you think that if I enrol my son up for these dating sessions, they will help him? They sound very expensive. Has someone here has been to one of these? Do they work and are they good? What do they teach? Is there a simpler way to make girls like him?



He's asked some other people and they tell him things like "be yourself" and "be more ambitious." No wonder he's confused.



Should I Get a Dating Coach For My Son?unblock myspace





No because he's not just scared to ask a girl out, he's scared of going out in public and socializing period. You should encourage him, but it's his life. It's not like he's acting out in other self destructive ways.



Should I Get a Dating Coach For My Son?backgrounds for myspace myspace.com



How old is he? He might grow out of it...



Seems like alot of money on something that might not work..
r u sure he's not gay. I'm not being funny b/c my male friend was the same way until he finally came out.
no
LOL NO, let him discover how to date on his own... thats the fun of it!!! and maybe he just hasnt met the rite person yet... he will be able to do it when he is ready!!!
A dating coach? Seriously? That is not going to "make girls like him" in any way. It's just going to suck up all your money. Let him be. My brother didn't date until he was 19 and then he married the girl a year later, they are now expecting their first baby.



Just because your son isn't dating or hasn't dated doesn't mean there is anything wrong with him. Maybe girls are not his top interest/priority and that is just fine. Don't push him into anything because that is only going to cause trouble between the two of you.
No. Do not get involved in his romantic life because that will only make him more self-conscious about what he is doing. Give him time to be free (within moderation) and above all else be supportive. You can teach confidence quite easily, but to act on that confidence will take time and practice.



Try getting him some new clothing, or if he is of the age a new car. Things that will boost his self image, and he will be fine.
I wouldn't. It is probably embarrassing for him to talk about it. He will grow out of it, be thankful....most young girls are skanks these days anyways...dont want him bringing one of those home.
Putting pressure on him is not going to help. But get him a a dating coach, only if she is totally hot.
You said he is a late teen so he is 19 or younger, Don't push him out just yet. He'll figure it out.



Don't go freakin' out cause he is more intellectual that the girls at school or where ever he goes out to..



You might get him to change something about him a makeover would be the better money spent.
bah humbug, half the girls out there nowadays are the same stereotypical scum



when he finds the right one, hell know what to do



trust me
I don't think I would go that far. But what I would do is spend MY time showing his etiqutte, social do's and don'ts. Buy a book for yourself to teach and one for him! I wish you luck and hold his hand!!
if your gonna spend 3000$ i would say buy him a car and new wardrobe. but a car would raise his satus immediatly. not a ugly car sumwhat of a nice car.with a good sound system. teach him small talk"nice weather today eh?" or "ur looking beautiful today" or "i watched this movie the other day what do think about.........." it's a skill you have to learn i guess and you jus get better after awhile but buy him a car first.
leave him alone GEEz...what is your agenda anyways? to see your son get layed or get married? Let him find his own way in this.....you said he's a late teen?......for crying out loud.....LET HIM ALONE

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hijack this