Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Would you continue dating someone just because you were lonely?

I moved away from my hometown a few months ago. I've been dating a woman here for a month now. I like being around her, but she's just not the right person for me. I've continued to date her just because I feel so lonely away from my family and friends, and she offers some comfort from that loneliness. Should I continue to see her?



Would you continue dating someone just because you were lonely?layouts for music myspace





No. You may not realize this, but you are using her. You're using her to fill the empty void in your life. How would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot? If she was lonely and only dated you to fill that empty void? Would you want to stay with her? Would you be ok with this? Probably not. You'd feel used. She deserves better. Tell her it just isn't working out for you. It'll break her heart, but it's better to end it that way then say. "Hey, I was only using you because I was lonely."



Would you continue dating someone just because you were lonely?view myspace myspace.com



I don;t think that is fair to her
no, find someone who will swap you off your feet. If you're with her you wont find someone better.
hell yes
no I wouldn't
I agree with candyman, it isn't fair for you to use her.
I wouldn't be with someone just because I was lonely. I only would want to be with someone if I really liked him.
It's not fair for her to lead her on, what if she thinks you want a long term relationship? Maybe you can break it off amicably and if she's willing perhaps stay friends?
have u tried just being friends with her



u should be honest with her though, if u dont fell that strongly about her, u should tell her, because if dont , then she will also miss out on someone else



personally i dont think u should continue seeing her like that
i agree its not fair on the woman. if ur lonely join some sports teams or evening classes or sumthing. make friend first u dont have 2 find a partner. at the end of the day most relationships and and u will be lonely again but friendships last. stay single and mingle until the right one turns up
You may continue to see her if you make it clear to her that you like being around her, have a chat once in a while, maybe a night together or whatever but that you don't see yourself getting involved on a deeper level. Once she is aware of this, there is no misleading or deceiving and if she decides to continue seeing you, it can be a nice relationship anyway...
No not in a romantic way its kinda selfish, now if shes is doing it for the same reason then hey thats cool. However if she is in any way wanting something more than you need to be honest and let her know how you feel.
Hell NO! When you are alone, that is when you learn to define yourself as a person. If you are so weak you cannot spend time alone with yourself to really find out who you are and what you are all about, you might as well commit suicide because secretly, what you are actually doing is killing yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hijack this